Special Enrollment Period
The Special Enrollment Period allows you to purchase an Obamacare plan, or make changes to an existing one, after the Open Enrollment deadline. The current Open Enrollment period begins on November 1, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017.
To qualify for the Special Enrollment Period
To qualify for the Special Enrollment Period, you must have experienced certain life changes. Such changes are known as “qualifying life events.” You likely have a qualifying life event, if you:
- Lost your health coverage in the past 60 days or expect to lose it in the next 60 days.
- Got a divorce.
- Got married.
- Had a baby.
- Adopted a child or are a new foster parent.
- Moved outside your current plan’s service area.
- Had a death in your household.
- Had a change in household income.
- Became a U.S. citizen.
- Were hospitalized for a prolonged illness.
- Suffered a temporary cognitive disability.
- Were released from a prison or a detention facility.
- Were a victim of a natural disaster.
- Experienced an error made by an insurer, insurance agent, or government entity during your enrollment.
The Special Enrollment Period typically lasts for 60 days, beginning on the first day of your qualifying life event. In certain cases, as with losing health coverage, it is possible to enroll up to 60 days before the event occurs. Upon experiencing a qualifying life event, it is important to enroll as soon as possible, so as to avoid incurring the tax penalty for not having a qualified health insurance plan.
Please note: If you purchased a plan during the Special Enrollment Period, you must enroll again during Open Enrollment, even if you are keeping the same plan. Also, as is the case with plans purchased during Open Enrollment, for those who qualify, the Premium Tax Credit and Cost Sharing Reductions are still available for plans purchased during Special Enrollment.
Find out if you qualify
If you are unsure about your qualification for Special Enrollment, please submit your zip code to begin checking your options. You can also call (877) 935-9291 to speak with an agent.